Thursday, September 21, 2017

Big Words for Little Geniuses by: Susan and James Patterson

I am looking forward to sharing this book with my sixth graders this week.  Susan and James Patterson have collected a variety of words that we all need to know in their book Big Words for Little Geniuses.

I only read page one and knew I had to have this book in my personal library.  Arachibutyrophobia, do you know what that is?  Can you even pronounce it?  Good thing they break the word down so you can pronounce it somewhat accurately.  I don't want to give anything away because some of the fun will be learning the meaning of words as you read this book.  Each letter of the alphabet is represented and you will soon know and begin using words such as dulcifluous, idioglossia, volitant and pulchritudinous.  If you have Bibliomania, which if you are reading this blog you definitely have, you will want to go buy this book as soon as possible.

Share this book with friends and see who knows the meanings of the most of these words.

Happy Daily Reading.
Deanna

1 comment: