Thursday, March 27, 2014

There's a Wocket in my Pocket! by Dr. Seuss





Rhyming books are loved by children of all ages.   There's a Wocket in my Pocket! by Dr. Seuss is my favorite book written by Dr. Seuss.  This is a book I read every year to my elementary school students.   Some students really believe I have a Wocket in my Pocket whenever I read this to them.

This is a book filled with crazy characters that are found in a young boy's home.  Does he like them all?  No!  However, he loves his house with all the wonderful and not so wonderful friends he has found and he hopes to live there forever.  Who wouldn't want to find a Zamp in their Lamp or have a bedtime friend named Zillow on their Pillow.  As you read through this book look for a favorite of your own.

After reading this book you might want to check out what crazy characters are living in your home.  Or even create some and hide them around the house for your children to find.

Happy Daily Reading!
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment