Friday, June 20, 2014

Fablehaven by: Brandon Mull

This is my friend Evelyn and she will be entering the fourth grade when school begins in August.  A new feature at Books Children Treasure is my "Friday Friends"!  Enjoy....


I just finished reading Fablehaven by Brandon Mull.  This is the first book in the Fablehaven series. I met Brandon Mull at my school assembly and was able to hear him talk about all the Fablehaven books, the other books he has written, and how he began writing.  I was also able to get my book autographed. 
Seth and Kendra (brother and sister) went to visit their grandfather’s house.  Their grandfather told them there were certain places they couldn’t go, but they went away.  This leads them on an adventure through an enchanted preserve filled with magical creatures, such as Batmah, Muriel the witch and the Naiads. Bahumat is a devil locked up in the forgotten chapel, who tries to rule Fablehaven.  Muriel is the wife of one of the owners of Fablehaven who tries to help Bahumat.  The Naiads, are water fairies that try to drown people.  These characters and many others lead Seth and Kendra on a dangerous trip and in the end, Kendra does something unexpected and is rewarded with a magical gift.
                  I really enjoyed this book because of the adventure the kids go on, but if you don’t like scary stories, this may not be the book for you.  I’m looking forward to reading Brandon Mull’s next book, The Rise of the Evening Star.
                  Evelyn  (4th grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment