Monday, July 7, 2014

City Dog, Country Frog by: Mo Willems


I am a very big fan of Mo Willems. I believe this is the first book I have read that is written by him but not illustrated by him.  This book is wonderfully illustrated by Jon J. Muth.  City Dog, Country Frog will be added to the books written by Mo Willems that I love and I'm excited to share it with everyone.  


When city dog visits the country he is happy to run about without his leash.  He finds a frog near a pond and a friendship is formed.  They play frog games and dog games and spend time remembering the fun they have together.  Dog is sad when frog hibernates during the winter and hopes they will meet again in the spring.  When that doesn't happen, will dog find another new friend?

This is a great story of friendship.  After reading this book, go and spend sometime with your best friend.

Happy Daily Reading
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment