Friday, February 26, 2016

Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics by: Chris Grabenstein

Author Chris Grabenstein has written a wonderful sequel with this book Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (check out my review of his first book by searching my blog for Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library).

I was very excited to begin reading this book as I loved the first story so much.  Kyle and his friends have become famous for winning the competition at the Alexandriaville Ohio new library, Mr. Lemoncello's Library.  However, there are many other junior high students across the United States that feel they could have won the contest.  Since Mr. Lemoncello loves creating games he decides to hold another competition, a Library Olympics.  Teams from regions across the United States are formed and come to Alexandriaville for the games.

However, as the games progress there are those that want the library closed for good, or at least not run by Mr. Lemoncello.  Kyle and his friends find that the competition is tough and they also find that they must find out who is trying to stop the games and take over their library.  The only way they can find the people that are against them is to team up with all of their competitors which isn't really what Kyle wants to do.  Teamwork wins at the end and what a fabulous ending it is.

A quote from the book is one of my new favorites.  In the book it is at the base of the statue of Mr. Lemoncello in the library it states:  Knowledge Not Shared Remains Unknown.  I've shared what I can of this story and I hope you will read it and love it as much as I do.

After reading this book go and visit your public library.

Happy Daily Reading
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment