Thursday, May 22, 2014

Make Way For The Ducklings by: Robert McCloskey

This was one of my favorites when I was a child and it gave me great pleasure to read it to my daughter.  She loved it too.  At the age of three she had the entire book memorized, she impressed a few people with her "reading" skills.

Make Way For The Ducklings by Robert McCloskey is the 1942 Caldecott Medal winner.  This award is given to the best picture book of the year.  This is still a popular book with many children.  I think it is the simple drawings and the wonderful story that continue to make it a favorite of so many.

After reading this book share a book you enjoyed as a child with someone you love.  I would love to hear what titles you enjoyed as a child, share in the comment section.

Happy Daily Reading
Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment